Monday, April 1, 2013

Steven Taylor: Newcastle are too good to go down - The Sun


STEVEN TAYLOR insists Newcastle really are too good to go down.


Toon were thumped 4-0 by champions Manchester City on Saturday and are now just three points clear of the drop zone.


But Taylor, who was relegated with the club in 2009, said: “I am confident in my team-mates.


“I look around the dressing room at the players who I train with every day and what I am sat around is top-class.


“This definitely makes me believes we are going to do well.


“We are not looking down – we are looking up.


“We are looking at who we can catch and chase.”


Newcastle travel to Lisbon today ahead of Thursday’s Europa League quarter-final first-leg with Benfica.


And Taylor, 27, added: “If you look at the games we have coming up, Benfica twice, Fulham and then Sunderland, we are excited.


“In the next few weeks I am looking to see this all wrapped up in the Premier League and hopefully we can look forward to the Europa League.


“We we have to write the City game off and make sure there is a massive reaction.


“The player have to get themselves recovered well and put in a performance.”


Video: City were simply too good - Pardew




No comments:

Post a Comment